You know, I'm actually quite proud of myself. I've completed my 2013 goal of reading 100 books, and even went over that to read 130 books. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of making a list of my goals, mostly because I don't want to feel pressured to do them, but I think this will help my blog improve over the next year (hopefully). So, here are my bookish goals in bullet point form for the year of 2014!
- Read 135 books. (I don't know, that may go up to 150)
- Have a better balance of reading, blogging, and school. Being the n00b I was, I usually found myself reading too much and blogging too little, and vice versa. I think I'm beginning to master how to balance the two, all in the midst of keeping my grades up, and I really hope I get better at doing this.
- Get more followers, comments, ect. I'm actually not that worried about this one, because I don't want to stress over something as superficial as this. But it would be great for my stats to increase!
- Write more book reviews, and in a more timely manner. Okay, so I have this really bad habit. I tend to procrastinate on writing reviews. When it comes to ARCs, this is a horrible habit because publishers expect reviews at a certain time, and it's a bit embarrassing if I submit my review 1+ month after the publication date.
- Start a new feature! I actually have a feature in mind that can be summarized in one word: snark. The idea came to me just last night, and after brainstorming, I think I should go with it! I highly doubt it'll be a weekly thing, though.
- Post at least 10 times a month. I don't know if this is entirely attainable when I take school into account, but I'll try my utmost hardest.
- Comment on more blogs. There are a ton of blogs out there that I love, but I don't really have the time to comment regularly on all of them. I know, I suck. But this year, I will make time.