Wednesday, April 16, 2014

LA Times Festival of Books Recap


Last Saturday I had the pleasure of going to the LA Times Festival of Books for my upcoming Sweet Sixteen, and I had an ah-mazing time. Not only that, but the next day I got to meet Laini Taylor at a book signing at my local Barnes and Noble! 

When we first got to the festival, we saw this huuuge line filled with people holding copies of TFiOS and other John Green books; it was no other than JG himself signing. I didn't actually get to meet him because the line was just endless. But, we did pass by and my cousin got a slightly creepy picture of him.
JG signing his book (I'm sure his hand was killing him)
Based on witnessing it myself, I can confirm that John Green has some CRAZY fangirls. I saw one girl collapse, another burst into tears, and an entire group squealing at the top of their lungs. It was hilarious, to say the least.

Next to the Mysterious Galaxy booth, I was struck speechless when I spotted Laini Taylor, one of my favorite authors. Everyone in line knew her, and I was lucky enough to get a picture with her!


Although I'm sad I missed the Haunted panel with Ransom Riggs and John Boyne (author of Boy in the Striped Pajamas), I did make it in time for the next panel, with Katie Alender, Andrea Cremer,
Rachel Shukert, and Cecil Castellucci. 

Afterwards, I bought Andrea Cremer's The Inventor's Secret and got it signed. She was so sweet and enthusiastic and while I haven't read any of her books, she was glad that I had heard of them. 

Andrea Cremer and I!
Cecil Castelluci and I!
As we were waiting for the next authors to begin signing, I bought a ton of books. There was this booth where it was 50% off the entire store and I got two books for $10, which us a pretty good deal counting the hardback. (with one being a hardcover)


At 2:30 we headed over to the signing booth and I met Lauren Oliver and Francesca Lia Block. They were both adorable!
 For the next hour or so we wandered around a bit (the USC campus is beautiful. Seriously. I kind of want to go there for college).

The next day I went to Barnes and Noble for a book signing with Laini Taylor! It was fantastic and I got a DoSaB mask, along with a copy of the much anticipated Dreams of Gods and Monsters. I learned that she used to go to the high school I currently attend, which is pretty damn cool.
So, that was my weekend! I met tons of authors and the LA Times Festival of Books is possibly one of the best festivals out there.

2 comments:

  1. I.am.100% jealous. You are so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! This are all some amazing authors and it sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete