Monday, January 26, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers

Finally, after a very long time of procrastinating, I've written my Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award post! I was tagged by five people, (<3 you guys!) but because I don't want to make this post too long I'll do the first two people who tagged me. Thanks to Holly from The Fox's Hideaway and Nori from ReadWriteLove28 for tagging me!


The Rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.

Holly's Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?

I started because I didn't have any one to talk with about books, and I'm a very opinionated girl so if I don't let my opinions out and keep them bottled in I'm bound to explode. ;) So, becoming a book blogger seemed like the perfect solution to this. 

2. Do you have any quirky reading habits?

Hm. Well, I have this phobia of ruining book jackets on hardcovers so I ALWAYS remove it before I start reading, and re-dress the book after I'm finished. Oh, and if I'm reading a book on my Nook and there's a character I really like I search their name to make sure they make regular appearances in the book. It's this weird habit I've had since forever.

3. What book have you reread the most?

Confession: I RARELY re-read books. Either I'm too busy to re-read them, or I get distracted by the sight of shiny new books, but I usually reserve re-reading for books I hold extremely close to my heart. You probably saw this coming, but the Harry Potter series is what I've re-read the most. :3

4. What do you do when you're in a reading slump?

Lurk on Goodreads. Watch YouTube videos. Stalk other book blogs. Try reading loads of different books at once to see which one would bring me out of my reading slump.

5. Do you judge a book by its cover?

The answer to this is a big, fat, shameless YES. If there's a book I really want to read but the cover is ugly, I probably won't buy the book and instead opt for the library copy. (I'm horrible.)

6. If you could live in one fictional world, what would it be?

Hogwarts. (You saw that coming.)

7. What's one of your pet peeves in books?

This list can go on forever, but at the top of this list are love triangles, insta-love, and just overall shallowness.

8. When thinking about reading a book, do you research it and ask friends about it, or do you like taking chances and going in blind?

I LOVE going in books blind. Sometimes without even reading the synopsis and knowing nothing more than the title, author, and genre. And when these books end up being really good? It's one of the best feelings in the world.

9. Which fictional character would you love to spend the day with?

Meda from the Soul Eaters series. She is too damn awesome. 

10. Who is your favorite OTP (one true pairing)?

KAI AND CINDER THEY ARE PERFECT I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH *flails* Oh, and more recently Cecile and Tristan from Stolen Songbird.

Nori's Questions:
1. What was your favorite book when you were a child?

When I was a toddler, I loved this book called Sleepy Bears. And I adored this Sesame Street ABC book.

2. Do you listen to audiobooks? If yes, what’s your favorite?

Sadly, I haven't made the jump into audiobooks just yet. I need to get on that soon, though.

3. Are you a reader, writer, or both?

Both!

4. Who was the first blogger that you followed?

Gah, I barely remember the day of my Blogoversary. It might've been Anna Reads, as it was the first book blog I discovered, but I'm not sure if I followed her or not. (ETA: I've just visited her blog and am sad to see that Anna is no longer blogging. Sad face.)

5. What is your favorite book with a purple cover?

Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
THIS ONE.
6. What is the last book that you received as a gift/from a giveaway?

I won an ARC of In The Shadows by Kierstan White and Jim Di Bartolo from Mary of Mary Had A Little Blog. :D

7. Who is your favorite author?

SUCH A HARD QUESTION. Besides the obvious JK Rowling, it would have to be Markus Zusak. And Melina Marchetta.

8. If you could become any character for one day, who would you pick?

Laini from Daughter of Smoke and Bone because I want wings.

9. What was the last book that made you cry?

Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard. Beautiful.

10. What was the last 5 star book that you read?

Love and Other Perishable Items. Such a heartfelt book.

I can't find anyone who hasn't already been tagged, so I think I'll leave the tagging for the Part Two post (if I can find anyone by then).

8 comments:

  1. I search for characters I like, too!!! I'm all about obsessing over side characters...


    Girl, the only way to judge a book is by its cover. Agreed.


    Shallowness is one of my #1 pet peeves, too. As well as unintentional small-mindedness.


    Anna stopped blogging? I loved her blog!


    I need to get on Stolen Songbird. I own it....so it's just a matter of time.


    I LOVE Melina Marchetta. She's a goddess with words.


    I didn't love Strange and Ever After (I had some problems with Eleanor's decision-making skills)...but I know what part you cried at. ::SAD FACE::


    This was fun! I'm a new follower & your blog is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is such fun, nice answers! I really need to read the Strange and Deadly series, it just sounds so good :) I judge books by the cover too, sorry not sorry! Awww I love Anna Reads, so sad she's left :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of us judge a book by its cover - it's part of the whole reading experience!! I doubt anyone can honestly say that they're not a teeny bit put off when a book has an ugly cover! *shivers at the thought*. I rarely reread books, but I do plan to reread a select few - especially Harry Potter :-D I actually recently listened to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone as an audiobook and really enjoyed it. Audiobooks are perfect for when you're travelling/doing jobs around the house, but I still prefer to read a physical book.
    This is a really great tag and I enjoyed reading your answers! I love getting to know everyone's little quirks and likes/dislikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. STOLEN SONGBIRD. GO FORTH AND READ IT.


    Did you hear that Melina Marchetta is releasing a new book? I just heard about it like yesterday. :o


    Aww, thank you, and also thanks for the lovely comment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter FTW! If I decide to listen to an audiobook I'll go for The Sorcerer's Stone first. Thank you, Sarah. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?? What Marchetta book??

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS ONE https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23566896-shaming-the-devil?ac=1

    ReplyDelete