Monday, February 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2: Top Ten Favorite Characters In YA

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Here are my ten favorite characters in the YA genre:

1. Puck from The Iron Fey series
Hilarious! My favorite trickster.
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
2. Zuzanna from Days of Blood & Starlight
She is the character that brings sunshine in this otherwise depressing 2nd novel.
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
3. Adrian from Bloodlines/ Vampire Academy
I will admit, I used to hate Adrian. But over time, I began to grow very fond of him.
Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)

4. Katarina Bishop from Heist Society
I bet all of us are jealous of this teen thief.
Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)

5. Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars
His outlook on life, his poetic statements, his humor; qualities of Gus that make us all love him.
The Fault in Our Stars

6. Alex Rider from the Alex Rider series
Alex reminds me of Katarina; he is just so clever.
Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)

7. Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone
She is one of the few heroines in the YA genre that does not give up all that she believes in just to be with a guy. ( I won't say more; I don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't already read it).
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)

8. Morpheus from Splintered
Love him!
Splintered

9. Liam from the Darkest Minds
In this book, Liam's heroism is considered a "bad" thing by some of the characters. I totally disagree.
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)

10. Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief
*Sobs*
The Book Thief

23 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE your list!! JUST finished Splintered and I really liked Morpheus! (When he wasn't being an ass :) ) Rudy-I'm dying. I adore him! Karou and Zuzana are 2 of my favorites! Karou especially, she is just such a kickass chick. And Augustus...no words. Same as Rudy. Just in love with. Fantastic list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my list! Yes, it seems like we have a lot in common :D. Oh Rudy... the boy with the lemon-colored hair. I just break down in tears whenever I think of him.

      Delete
  2. Ok I am a huge fan of you for mentioning Puck AND Augustus on one list. That makes you awesome! New Follower.
    Deidra @ Simply Books.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! You, too, are awesome for agreeing with me:)
      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Puck really grew on me over the series. At first, I didn't like him, but now, he's my favorite character from The Iron Fey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! In the first book, for some reason, I was Team Ash. When I started to notice how sweet and funny Puck was, I saw the error of my ways and he quickly became my favorite character.

      Delete
  4. Hey, Puck was on my list too! I'm still a Team Ash fan, but I just thought his character was hilariously awesome and I wish he had someone to love. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right there with you with Ruby, Alex, and Katarina. I loved all of them.

    I still need to read Kagawa's books. Thanks for the reminder.

    Here's my Tuesday meme post

    ~Danica PageTaking it one Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all badasses! I think I would die from excitement if I met them in real life.

      Delete
  7. Good list, I love Katerina, Augustus and Rudy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). Sometimes I wish I could meet a guy like Augustus. He has such a pure heart.

      Delete
  8. Yay Karou! :D I can't wait to read the second book, it's sitting ever so patiently on my shelf just waiting.
    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read it like, now. But I'm warning you: the second book is very depressing. And be ready to rip your hair out once you finish it.

      Delete
  9. Oooh I love Adrian's character so much! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fault in our stars in still sitting on my shelf. I need to read it very soon. Great choices. New follower via GFC. Heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the fault in our stars a few weeks ago, and I was wondering why I waited so long to read it. Trust me, you should read it very soon, and it wont disappoint. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. RUDY! I love him so much! And I love Puck, Kat, and Augustus as well. They're all so amazing.
    New follower!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rudy is like my favorite character of all times, I adore him (Jesse Owens incident, lol).
      I appreciate you following my blog!

      Delete
  13. I'd love to re-read the Book Thief, it's one of my all-time favorite books. Puck isn't on my list (Grimalkin is), but he was definitively up there!

    Augustus . . . . *sigh* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of these (shameful, I know!), but I totally plan to! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete